Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bardo: a transitional place and transitional time

Today, Nine Hours Ahead shows Attraversiamo's blog entry about reading Thomas Moore's description of Bardo in Care of the Soul:
"I am reading a great book right now called Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore. I am really digging this book, not just because he is talking about my favorite subject, the soul, but because he references Greek mythology which I used to be obsessed by when I was younger. And like a breath of fresh air, he also has introduced me to many new concepts, such as alchemy for the soul, homeopathic treatment for certain emotions, and now Bardo.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead describes Bardo as that time in between incarnations, the period before birth into life. Moore says that "Bardo takes time; it can't be rushed. There's no point in premature birth."
Bardo Mandala

Labels: