Monday, August 27, 2012

Be affected by trees emotionally and intellectually

The blog post "Spiritual Lessons from the Lives of Trees", with musical accompaniment by Louis Armstrong, Vanessa Williams, a Cherokee Morning Song, and others, quotes extensively from Thomas Moore’s book The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life.

The post begins, "In between loads of laundry and changing sheets, I have been reading Thomas Moore's book, The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life. The 382-page count was daunting at first because it looked more like a boring textbook, but I am glad now because I want the book to last forever. The poetry, imagination, practicality, and research is insightful and enchanting." The blogger intersperses her observations between long passages from Moore’s book.

In a comment she writes, "I love the book. Thanks for recommending it. It’s quite highlighted even tho I am near the beginning."

Labels: